One of the most important pilgrimages of our country, the ancient city of Varanasi is known as the City of Temples and Learning. Varanasi is famous for the age old temples that are there in this city. You will find a plethora of temples in almost every nook and corner of the city. Each temple has a deep historical background and therefore, if not for religious purpose, do visit these temples for their aesthetic appeal.
There are many good hotels in Varanasi for you to choose for your own accommodation. For a crowded city like Varanasi, it will always be a proper decision to book your hotel before you start your journey for the city. Once you are done with your hotel bookings and other official tasks, here are some of the most important temples of Varanasi you must pay your visit to. Keep reading.
- Kashi Vishwanath Temple: One of the oldest temples of our country, the great Kashi Vishwanath Temple of Varanasi attracts thousands of devotees all around the country. The temple, its age old architecture, the smell of the flowers and fragrant diyas, the pilgrims, the narrow shops in front of the temple, create a whole different ambience which is fascinating. Check out the crowd that keep pouring in at the temple on a daily basis. Believe us, it will be a whole new level of experience for you once you visit this temple.
- Annapurna Devi Mandir: The famous and nice Annapurna Devi Mandir lacks the grandeur of Kashi Vishwanath Temple, but has its own charm and uniqueness. It is said that Annapurna is a different incarnation of the Goddess Parvati. The temple houses Devi Annapurna who is considered as the ‘Queen of Kashi’. Do visit this temple.
- SankatMochan Mandir: The famous Sankat Mochan Mandir houses Lord Hanumana and is said to be the healing place for devotees. Devotees across the world come to this temple to fulfill their wishes and dreams. The beautiful temple with its quintessential charm is said to mesmerize you with its unique appeal. Do check out the evening vesper offering at this temple.
- Durga Mandir: Another famous temple of Varanasi which houses Goddess Durga. The temple premise has a famous ‘kund’ which means pond. The pond was previously linked with the Ganges, but later the link was closed. Also, the pond is said to have a healing effect for the devotees. Check out this temple at the time of festivals, especially during Nag Panchami.
- Bharat Mata Mandir: Unique in its approach, this Bharat Mata Mandir is devoted to our country, not any specific god or goddess. The temple is located near the campus of Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapith. There is an undivided map of India carved in marble that can be found at this temple. Do visit this place.
The temples of Varanasi attract thousands of pilgrims across the country. Apart from the hotels, you can also look out for resorts in Varanasi for your stay. Have a grand trip ahead in this ancient city.