The economic scenario around the world is characterized by uncertainty. Socio-political uncertainty like Brexit vote in recent times changes the fortunes of businesses.
How should businesses react to uncertainty in the market? Any business, large, small, or medium needs to try and predict the horizon of the business and do appropriate planning. There are some complicated methods to implement this in terms of strategic review, budgeting, forecasting etc.
These methods may be necessary but take away valuable time and energy of corporate organizations. E-learning can come to the rescue, in both obvious and non-obvious manners. For example, one obvious way in which a firm reacts to uncertainty is to cut costs.
Companies also recognize the importance of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) through a variety of means, such as on the job learning, flexible e-learning or even a blended approach.
But in conditions of business uncertainty, companies first attack CPD by cutting expenditure on it. Here e-learning comes to the rescue by providing a cost-effective strategy to maintain CPD during tough times, so that training of employees is not compromised. Best e-learning companies provide the right and timely delivery of e-learning content for employees.
Here are a few items in e-learning:
- T. skills for the office:Useful software skills for the growth of the company such as basic office tools like Word, PowerPoint and Excel may be imparted by e-learning. Employees become more productive by improved understanding of such tools and growing aware of tips and tricks to use them. E-learning is very suitable for such topics, permitting employees to learn at their own pace and master one technique before proceeding to the next. Improved confidence in daily tasks help to bring about employee motivation, resilience, and ability to deal with uncertain conditions.
- Risk management and business forecasting: E-learning also provides more complex techniques to deal with uncertainty which replicate the feel of long workshops but without the time and financial constraints. For instance, there are courses like Project management, Risk management, financial management etc. These sources can help employees gain a broader understanding to plan for handle business uncertainty.
- Soft skills: A few soft skills like knowledge of marketing and sales can reduce the impact of adverse conditions of the market. Such skills are better developed in the class room instruction format or on-the job application such as role play. But e-learning courses can provide a good platform to launch new techniques, ideas as well as best practices which can be used by employees to do thinking and planning.
- New language: The use of learning a new language does not offer any obvious advantages to deal with business uncertainty. Also, there is minimal chance that an employee may master a new language through e-learning. But a basic knowledge of introductory conversation skills gives an indication of commitment and willingness of employees, which will appeal to potential customers and re-assure customers about the friendliness of the company.
- Human Resources:Though not commonly regarded, employee’s commitment, engagement and satisfaction is directly impacted by business uncertainty. Unsettled employees are disturbed in output and concentration. Here comes the importance of e-learning for HR purposes. This manages employee motivation, management, grievances etc. There is also e-learning that deals with coping with business uncertainty and management of change. These help the company to manage unexpected changes and business situations.
These are some ways in which e-learning can help employees handle business uncertainty.